Well, blood pressure is the force that the heart uses to pump blood throughout the body. Generally speaking, ideal blood pressure is between 120/80 mmHg. High blood pressure is between 140/90 mmHg, and low blood pressure is between 90/60 mmHg.
Now, there are multiple reasons for facing the issues like high or low blood pressure. We would like to give some ideas about things that we have control over, with which we can prevent high blood pressure.
As you might have guessed, our food habits are one of the reasons that we actually have control over. High blood pressure might be caused due to regular consumption of fried items, spicy food, red meat, overweight, and lack of exercise. Health diseases such as diabetics and obesity may also cause high blood pressure. Low blood pressure might be caused due to dehydration, medicines, an unhealthy diet, etc.
High blood pressure is something that in turn can cause more issues such as, heart diseases, stroke, and even kidney diseases. Food and measures that can help treat high blood pressure are as follows:
- Reduce intake of salt as it causes high blood pressure.
- Food such as citrus fruits like grapefruit, orange, and lemons have vitamins and minerals that help lowering blood pressure.
- Carrots help in the relaxation of blood vessels that helps in reducing the risk of high blood pressure.
- Spinach is a good source of antioxidants, potassium, calcium, and magnesium that may help in reducing blood pressure.
- Watermelons lower blood pressure and a great source for providing flexibility in arteries.
Low blood pressure might cause a lack of blood flow in the body and leads to unconsciousness. Also, it makes the body weaker. Food and measures that can treat low blood pressure are as follows:
- Stay hydrated: Drink water often. It will help you to stay hydrated and reduce the risk of low blood pressure.
- Salt is essential for having a normal BP in adequate amount and benefits reducing the risk of low blood pressure.
- Consumption of Tulsi leaves might also help in maintaining normal blood pressure. Tulsi leaves are a great source of Vitamin C and magnesium that regulate blood flow.
- Vitamin B12 rich food like fish, milk, cheese, eggs, etc., also helps in maintaining good blood pressure.
Good food can help you grow better, whereas unhealthy food might increase the risk of high or low blood pressure. So, it is our choice to remain healthy and choose the right food.
Join our community of building stronger willpower and strength by being in touch with us. Follow us @wellness.kriya on Instagram, Tejassu on Facebook WellnessKriya on Youtube, and subscribe to our telegram channel here.